3D printed, 360° rotation – make possible to observe and keeping bees constantly year-round at home. New PREMIUM class beehive
The full set of 3D printed and rotating up to 360° WindowBee™ hive contain:
- 5 Modules with mini frames 12,5 X12,5 cm each.
- 1 Feeder which is easy integrated to the hive construction (totally contactless to the bees feeding proces).
- 1 Bee queen cage for replacing queen or for easy insert bee queen cell.
- 6 module separators (enable manipulations with the hive modules totally contactless to the insects - no risk of biting or bees escape at home).
- The shelf and base (wood + 3D printed element in standard black color)
- Transparent pipe allow to watch bees and measure the bees activity (for Universities & Scientific Activity), connecting the hive with hose in the wall.
- Elastic hose connecting the transparent pipe with outside world (running through the wall of the building).
- 14 ventilation plugs and 14 solid plugs.
- 1 3D printed roof with ventilation or feeder hole.
Each module can be easy put on other one. All together creating narrow-tall bee nest which make possible overwintering at home environment conditions and year-round almost natural colony growth. Full 360 ° rotation allow to not limited observation of all comb surface.
Hives are settled down with bee package. The best time to do this range from mid April to late July in cool temperate climate of Central Europe. But in different climates the period might be variable. In warm climate where foragers could collect pollen year-round the period of settled is seasonal non limited.
The hive reduce varroa mite infestation to zero in period of few bees generation because of fact low drone rearing rate and smaller cells of bee comb. Shallow honeycomb cells shorten the development time of the bee under the cap. This period becomes too short for the mites and their population decrease.